One of the first decisions that you make when looking for a home is deciding where to look. As they say in real estate it’s all about location, location, location.
Therefore, finding a good neighbourhood is a very important consideration when buying a home.
While some have a great idea of the neighbourhood where they want to buy, others struggle with narrowing down their choices. Everyone wants to live in a great neighbourhood, and you can – if you know what to look for.
Here are some of the most important factors when choosing a neighbourhood when buying a home:
- Resale value: Even if you are not planning on moving anytime soon, you still need to consider resale value in the neighbourhoods you are considering. Are home values on the rise in the area? What is the housing market like in the area?
- Schools: Even if you don’t have children yet, you still should consider the schools in the areas you are considering. Good school also say a lot about the people that live in the area.
- Proximity: How close is the neighbourhood from your work? How much of a commute is it? Is the commute worth choosing the neighbourhood?
- Age: Do you want to live in a new and developing area or do you want a neighbourhood that has some history?
- Crime and traffic: Is the neighbourhood you are considering known for traffic or crime? What do the crime stats about the area tell you about safety? Do you want to live in a busy and vibrant area or do you want to live in a quieter community?
One of the best things you can do when considering neighborhood is to visit them. Try to spend some time in areas you like. Drive around, grab a coffee at the local coffee shop and talk to some of the people in area. This will help you get a good grasp about whether or not the neighborhood is for you.
Have a neighbourhood or home you want to explore? Contact Olena anytime to discuss your real estate needs.