What You Need To Know Before Moving To The City
1. Partner with a trustworthy agent
Be sure to hire a real estate agent you connect with. Choose someone you feel is experienced and will ensure you are being educated throughout the process. It’s important to hire an agent at the beginning of your journey, so that your interests are protected from the start.
At our first consultation, I’ll share my professional insights, local market knowledge, and outline the process so you know exactly what to expect.
2. Highlight your priorities to plan for success
Depending on your reasons for relocating, we’ll consider many different factors during your move, taking a personalized approach to your relocation.
- If you’re moving to Toronto for a lifestyle change, I’ll help you narrow down the areas that fit best, based on your family, interests, and must-haves.
- If you’re moving to Toronto for work, we’ll look for properties with excellent transit access and consider things like your ideal commute time.
- If you’re interested in investing in the local real estate market, I’ll show you which neighbourhoods have the right property type and potential tenants, and which ones are the most profitable.
I’ll help you determine your specific needs by asking questions like: Do you prefer to rent before buying? What’s your budget like? How well do you know the Toronto real estate market? What does your ideal lifestyle look like?
3. Get familiar with the Toronto market
Toronto real estate is always changing. From buyers’ markets to sellers’ markets, balanced markets to fluctuations in industry trends, you need a local guide on your side to help you navigate the current situation. As an established broker, I’ll help you achieve your goals regardless of market conditions. With an open mind and flexibility, I’ll help you secure the perfect real estate opportunity.
4. Your perfect property type
There is an incredibly wide selection of homes across Toronto. From single-family detached homes to townhomes, condo units to semi-detached properties, luxury estates to unique and unconventional homes, there is something for everyone. Deciding on the right place starts with determining the lifestyle you want to have. As your real estate resource, I’ll help you narrow-down your choices by focusing on the space you need, the amenities you enjoy, and your family dynamic.
5. Communities you can call home
One of the first things you’ll notice in Toronto as a newcomer is the number of distinct neighbourhoods, each with its own unique character. From Yorkville to Forest Hill, High Park to Rosedale, there are endless communities ready to welcome you. After getting to know you, I’ll show you around the neighbourhoods I think make the best match for your criteria.