Over the years, I have had the pleasure of helping many buyers find a home they love in Toronto. From first-time buyers to newcomers, and relocators to investors, I have truly enjoyed guiding each of them through the home-buying process. After all, buying a home will most likely be one of the largest purchases you will ever make, so you should know exactly what you are paying for.
Using my extensive personal and professional real experience, I prepared a concise buyers guide, so you can have all your questions answered before you start your home buying journey.
My Toronto Real Estate Experience
With my years of experience in the industry, my clients know that I will always find them a home that not only fits their budget but also fits all of their criteria. Living and working in Toronto has provided me with a firsthand insight into the communities, making it even easier for my clients with all aspects of buying a home in Toronto.
My Educational Guidance
I take the time to educate every buyer on the current market and what it means for them. We can discuss the best time to buy, what the home they want is really worth, and what similar properties are selling for. My insight into the market has provided me with a thorough understanding of property value; with this knowledge, I can successfully negotiate the best possible price when buying your dream home in Toronto.
My Proactive Approach to Buying Toronto homes
First and foremost, I listen to and truly hear everything my client tells me. Once they explain their needs and criteria to me, I’ll find the property that matches it. When it comes to buying a home in Toronto I never wait around to see if the right home comes on the market, I will call other agents and industry connections to find your next home before it even goes on the MLS. You will have the opportunity to see a property as soon as it is listed with no waiting or missed opportunities.
here’s my buyers guide based on common questions my clients have asked me:
How much can I afford to spend?-
What are the extra costs involved?+
How do I really know what the home is worth?+
In order to give yourself a better understanding of the homes for sale in each of the different Toronto neighbourhoods, take a look at some of the home prices.
I'm buying my first home, what's different?+
- Find the right real estate agent – A great home buying experience starts with the right agent.
- Establish your budget – Meeting with a financial advisor or mortgage specialist to get pre-approved will provide you with a clear understanding of your budget.
- Write out a wish list – Next, you can determine your unique needs, wants, and timeframe.
- Finding the perfect Toronto neighbourhood – When it comes to real estate in Toronto, location is everything. If you are new to the area or haven’t had a chance to thoroughly explore the nearby neighbourhoods, it’s important to do your research and experience them first hand. Think about your lifestyle and daily schedule: do you need easy access to public transit? Are you looking to settle down in a quiet area? Or would you like to live in the centre of the action?
- Preparing the contract – Once you’ve found a home you love, complete a Comparative Market Analysis of the property, determine the closing date, and negotiate the best possible offer price and conditions with your real estate agent. I recommend a final visit to the property bethe fore closing day to make sure the pre-list owners have left the property in the agreed upon condition.
- Closing the deal – This is one of the most outstanding points in the buying process. On closing day, you will meet with your lawyer to sign the required documents and make any necessary adjustments before you receive the keys to your new home.
- Final steps of buying your first home – Movers, painters, handymen, and inspectors are all a part of the home-buying process. If you need any help with any of this I’m always here to help you connect you with the best local professionals to truly make it your first home.
Do I need to hire a lawyer?+
What neighbourhood should I live in?+
You should always get a feel for many different neighbourhoods in Toronto and make a wish list for some of the main features and amenities that you’re looking for. I will take you through any neighbourhood of interest to show you the pros and cons of the area.
Learn more about the different neighbourhoods, what makes them unique, and the best reasons to live there in my dedicated Toronto neighbourhood reviews.
Do I have to have a home inspection done?+
Getting a home inspection will help you understand the home better and here are 8 reasons you should consider one:
- It gives you an out if there is an issue with the home
- It can provide you with an overall picture of how safe the home is and how much work will be required in the future
- It can reveal illegal building element, additions, and construction
- It can help you understand future repairs that will be required
- It can identify structure issues with the property
- It can identify pest and insect issues
- It provides you with negotiating power if issues are identified
- It allows you to understand the amount of risk that is associated with the purchase of the property